I really enjoy playing chess, you can view some of my games and other great games with the Game Viewer.
Did you know?:
- Chess is one of the oldest games known today
- More than 500 Million persons play chess worldwide!
- More than 1 Million chess games are played daily in the internet
- Chess have their own Olympics
- Put one grain of wheat on the first square of the chessboard, two on the second, four on the third, eight on the fourth, and so on, then, in order to complete the pattern you will need to put nine trillion two hundred and twenty three thousand three hundred and seventy two billion thirty six thousand eight hundred and fifty four million seven hundred and seventy five thousand eight hundred and eight (9,223,372,036,854,775,808) grains of wheat on the sixty fourth square, which is quite a lot.
- There are 400 different positions after each player makes one move. There are 72,084 positions after two moves. There are 9 million different positions after three moves. There are 288+ billion different possible positions after four moves apiece. There are 169 octillion (169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000) different positions after ten moves. To play all those moves you will need all the people of the world, playing one move per minute for 217 billions years non-stop. (Chess dictionary - Ramon Ibero ISBN 84-270-0413-3)
A discovered attack is a move which unmasks an attack by another piece. A piece is moved away so as to unmask the attack of a friendly bishop, rook or queen on an enemy piece. If the attacked piece is the king, we speak of a discovered check. Discovered attacks are powerful, because if the moving piece manages to pose a second threat, the opponent is in trouble